Henderson or Pinnacle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talking about neck seals on the Pinnacles it is true that you will feel constricted in the beginning before the dive. Let me explain, as I geared up before my first dive I wasn't use to having such a tight fit around my neck. The hood is what rode my neck until I placed it on, then I releived a lot of tention off the neck.

Once I got in the water and your neck bends while in the horizontel swimming position you don't feel any squeeze, now for the positive.

There are a lot of neoprene wetsuit companies out there that talk about how they prevent water from entering through your neck and hitting your spine.

With pinnacles there is no way water was going anywhere near my spine, I was locked down like you wouldn't believe, it was just like they say about their neck seals being so awesome. At the neck seal, is this soft rubber that glues to your skin and your hood.

Now even if you don't dive a hood, the neck seal is still going to seal your skin. Elastiprene is a lot more easier to don/dof your wetsuit then most other neoprenes. The wetsuits that are thinner are made of a different material that have less bubbles and will hold better under deeper conditions. In other words they don't crush as much as the elastiprene giving you better insulation at greater depths but at a cost, they are really hard to don/doff...

Go to their website, Pinnacle Aquatics they have an awesome selection for every type of diver, from drysuit to wetsuit and beyond.

MG

Thank you all so much!
I'll try the Pinnacle next week and let you know how is it for me.

I wear a 7mm pinnacle merino elastiprene as well. Love the stretchy elastiprene, but espcially love the merino lining. Makes putting on a wet wetsuit so much easier.

My Henderson Hyperstretch is the most incredible suit I have ever tried. I just bought a second one for myself and my girlfriend. I am good in the Henderson 5mm jumpsuit down to about 47 degrees but I eventually get a chill towards the end of an hour dive.

Brent

I have both.

I actually prefer the Henderson because warmth is not my big challenge. The Pinnacle is made for a stouter person, it has a wide body and shorter legs.

Henderson is a longer cut. Pinnacle has a neck seal that I find constrictive, but you might like it if diving in chilly waters. Pinnacle customized my suit and has beter customer service.
Agree. I really tried to like a 5ml Pinnacle in the shop due to price. Had one Hal of a time getting it on, I’m no rail but it was really too loose in the body. Then realizing the neck seal was not only way overkill but uncomfortably constricting soon began to worry I’d never get out of it.
I gave in and got another Hendserson. The legs are longish on my shortness but not a problem.

My Pinnacle Merino full suit is the best. Very little water enters or exits. I use warm water from a thermos that I bring with me to fill the suit before hand. Love the suit though, easy to don/doff too.

Then realizing the neck seal was not only way overkill but uncomfortably constricting

even if it loosens in the water, it makes me feel very faint on the boat pressing on my neck like that, I think I might cut mine.

Like I mentioned before the neck is rather tight, but after wearing it for a few minutes in or out of water the feeling subsides as do the fears of scuba diving associated with wild life in the ocean.

The rewards far out stretch the squeeze from the beginning, you have zero entrance of water around your neck; at least that was my case with 5 dives in two days.

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom