Henderson InstaDry Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1Deepcat

Registered
Reaction score
The ski & summer mountain resort town of Ketchum (
# of dives
100 - 199
I own a 3m Henderson InstaDry full suit, hood, and booties which have (with exception of the hood) been on approximately 40 dives. Without a doubt, the suit lives up to the claims of warmth and drying time. However, the durability of the pieces are yet to be determined. The knee pads of the suit split and cracked through to the neoprene, the soles of the boots separated from the booty, and the hood did not vent - all on it's first dive trip. I returned the equipment to Henderson, and after a significant amount of time Henderson returned the equipment to me with a brand new pair of booties, the hood with a note (that was not supposed to be included) telling the tech to enlarge the vent hole with a knitting needle, and the original suit with the old knee pads removed and new, different ones attached. I was satisfied with the Henderson's handling of the situation - until the equipment's second trip when one of the new knee pads separated from the suit. Now, I'm not going to send the suit back again, but :confused:can anyone recommend an adhesive that will work on the InstaDry neoprene without damaging it, but will hold the knee pad in place - and what the best way to make the repair would be? :confused: Thank You.

I know a lot of people glue pockets on to their wetsuits. Go ask in the cave forum what they use (that would be my advice).

P.S. That needle trick is what most people do to get it to vent.

I bought neoprene glue from a cobblers/shoe repair supply house. They carry real professionnal stuff and I paid for a quart what it cost for a little tube at my local LDS, used it on my Henderson Hyperstretch and 60 dives later still looking good.

II had problems with my InstaDry 5mm as well.. the cracked knee pad and I had a delamination between the external layer and the core which got mroe and more bubbly..

However it is such a GOOD suit that I hope it can be 'fixed' and replaced.. for I cannot see myself in another wetsuit for more than 6 dives!.. I LOVE MY INSTADRY... if only they can fix my probs.. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom