Henderson InstaDry Quality Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wayne007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone having problems with the Henderson InstaDry wetsuit? I bought one new and after the second dive the knee pads starting to disintegrate. Talked with the factory and they're aware of a bad lot. Be interested if you're having a similar problem.

wayne007:
Anyone having problems with the Henderson InstaDry wetsuit? I bought one new and after the second dive the knee pads starting to disintegrate. Talked with the factory and they're aware of a bad lot. Be interested if you're having a similar problem.
Not the suit, but I did buy a pair of InstaDry gloves once. They didn't last long ... and basically fell apart. They're far from inexpensive, too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

wayne007:

Good to know, I was considering buying one of those.

seen that the knee pads start to peel off..Do not know if user is kneeling much or not..get some neoprene cement and reattach them..henderson knows problem ,repairs when the suit is sent back and it happens again..save yourself the postage and do the glueing yourself..

The problem wasn't just glue coming off. The rubber matt disintegrated. And there was no kneeling, it happened on the first dive.

I've worn mine for 4 dives and the knees are still intact. The problem I have is that the suit insta-dries to my skin and I have to rip it off my legs leaving a layer of skin behind...Not so nice!

I sent the suit back to Hendeson for replacement, and they refused to replace it but replaced the knees (a known quality problem). I went diving and the knees came undone again! There were numerous loose threads which Henderson wouldn't fix. While diving there was a loose thread on the leg which got pulled and the whole leg came undone. I've had it with the suit and with Henderson. It's a poor quality rubber suit which is a real ***** to put on either wet or dry. Save your self a lot of trouble and buy a Mares. I'm sending mine back to Henderson and telling them to keep it as an example of poor quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom