Henderson Insta Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not really helpful, at least in my case - just think this way :
it's tight already. u are adding an extra layer - increasing the thickness of your arm/leg. Supposedly the constant of friction should go down, BUT there is nothing that hold the skin material in place -> leads to it to rollup and creating even more tension etc.
I do see one solution, which probably will be killed right on the spot - add zippers on legs and arms. Do not make them "real" zippers, just add some extra material and put zipper on top of it. That would prevent water coming in and will resolve problem of "Entering” the suit.

Wayward Son:
Any tried wearing a skin under one? I'd expect that to make it easier to get on.

When I tried mine on at my lds i had a skin on inderneath and it went on fine.

I spoke with Henderson CS - they can add zippers. the LDS gave me a quote of $150 for legs and arms....
getting really close to dry suit price :05:

I purchased a size 10 in the instadry suit and I wear a size 6 in the aquasuede. I just returned from Roatan last week and wore my instadry for the first time. There is a real trick to getting that sucker on the first time and I was about worn out when I finally got it on, but as I dove more it became easier. The suit is nice and warm and pretty comfortable. The bottom line is I really like the suit and I am happy that I made the purchase.

I dove my 3mm Insta-Dry on a recent trip to Curacao and found it be excellent. Yeah, others on the boat, myself included, chuckled while I struggled to get into the suit. THe DM on the boat, also diving the Insta-Dry, gave me some advise...get your body and the suit wet before donning. This made donning effortless and quick. As far as warmth, I had never been warmer in a 3mm and frequently vented to let water in too cool off. Instantly dry? Nah, but does so very quickly and sure was nice donning a dry wetsuit with 3, 4 dives daily. The one thing my wife, in particular, was appreciative of was the antimicrobial characteristics...the suit never reaked! Overall, I am happy with the investment but I am waiting to see how durable the suit is over time.

I have looked at this suit, dive a Henderson 3mil hyper. I hate a cold wet suit for the next dive, unless summer and hot. But in the winter in Mexico etc. I hate to put that sucker on wet. I have also looked at the "dry suit " option ? It is all about $$

O'Malley:
I dove my 3mm Insta-Dry on a recent trip to Curacao and found it be excellent. Yeah, others on the boat, myself included, chuckled while I struggled to get into the suit. THe DM on the boat, also diving the Insta-Dry, gave me some advise...get your body and the suit wet before donning. This made donning effortless and quick. As far as warmth, I had never been warmer in a 3mm and frequently vented to let water in too cool off. Instantly dry? Nah, but does so very quickly and sure was nice donning a dry wetsuit with 3, 4 dives daily. The one thing my wife, in particular, was appreciative of was the antimicrobial characteristics...the suit never reaked! Overall, I am happy with the investment but I am waiting to see how durable the suit is over time.

Interesting post, i'm deciding between hyperstrecth and insta-dry.
Quick question though: the suit dries faster than standard suits, but if you have to get it wet for easier donning, sounds like the "insta-dry" feature of the suit is not very useful.

Looks like the insta-dry suit is warmer than the hyperstretch.
Anyone who has dive both suits: did you find your ease of movement reduced compared to a hyperstretch?

Cheers

The range of motion is *slightly* less in insta-dry than hyperstretch but not significant enough as long as you size it right. I like my insta-dry suit and would not switch back. It is a little tough to get into but I use suit juice on my lower legs and now the thing slides on like butter.

Yes, it is WAY warmer than hyperstretch. If you look around you can find a reasonable price and you will be happy with your purchase.

I have dived all three of Henderson's major 3mm wetsuits: Insta-Dry, HS, and Gold Core. I found HS stretches so much it really doesn't feel like 3mm, although it goes on Soooo nice. Insta-Dry I found way pricey. The middle of the road is the Gold Core. I now have a 3mm and a 7/5mm. The gold core drys very fast so you won't be putting a cold-wet wet suit and it keeps me warm.

I watched a woman struggle to get into her Instadry last week on a dive charter. She had to use some kind of spray to slick herself up to get the thing on. It was the first time she used it and she told me on the way back to the dock after diving that she loved it in the water but hated it on land.

Back
Top Bottom