Henderson Hyperstretch hood issues!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shhya1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a 7mm Hyperstretch hood and I keep finding that it fills up with air & the bubble wont vent. I thought that little vent on the top was supposed to avoid this? Am I doing something to allow more air in it can vent????

hmm, my 3 vents. Are the holes patent?

can you dilate them a bit with an instrument?

Sometimes I squash my head with my hands to force it out, initially, as I adjust my mask strap..

I noticed the same thing with mine today. I'm going to see what I can do to fix it tomorrow. Make have to poke a few more holes. I love the hood though.

Brent

I have to squash the hood against my head with my hands as I'm diving to vent it. 7mm

OK, this is weird -- I had the same problem today, for the first time ever, with my 7/5 HH hood.

Maybe their patent expired today? :rofl3:

I"m thinking of heating up a nail and opening the hole up, and maybe adding one towards the back since it seems to be more of a problem when I'm face-down more.

Check out the Waterproof hoods. The have a better vent in the top, and don't have the bubble head effect.

Funny. I bought a 5/3 Henderson hyperstretch last Friday and used it for the first time this weekend. Same problem! I noticed there is a dab of glue on the inside of the vent. And when I try to blow air through it with my mouth, it doesn't seem to open. I have a feeling these vests are not only overprized but also not very well-made.

Stay away from the Hypercrap hoods...mine would do the same thing after the first dive and now it just sits in my garage...the material is just too stretchy...the gold core line on the other hand is out of this world...i have the hooded vest.

Cheers.

-J.-

Back
Top Bottom