Henderson H2 Titanium -- where's the titanium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may be like the golf balls that were labeled as titanium. The titanium was in the paint used to mark the balls with:shakehead: So it had no real affect on the performance,just a selling ploy:no:

There many buzzwords to sell goods which are misleading. MANY MANY Stainless Steel dvie knives are sold as Titanium. Some of them are actually coated with a titanium coating, others I think were once in a room with titanium.

Atomic Regs do not have any fusion or fission going on.

Rocket fins do not burn solid rocket fuel.

Jet Fins do not have turbines.

-----

Late to the thread here, but I believe the radioactive decay of Plutonium actually makes the material warm. Except for all of the other problems associated with it, Plutonium would be ideal for wetsuits in cold water. Divers would have to be spaced at certain intervals on a dive boat to prevent a fission reaction.........

Henderson claims it has a Titanium lining.

You're right. I finally found a reference to titanium on the Henderson website's description of the H2 Shorty:

New and Enhanced Features: Rubber: Exclusive H2 - Ultra Soft - Low Modulus - Extended Memory Foam rubber with Titanium lining.

That's it. Not one word as to what benefit a wetsuit with a titanium lining actually brings to the table.

Strange.

ah, but it doesn't say "Titanium" - it says "Titanium®" - big difference. The first might be titanium the metal, but Titanium® as a registered trademark means whatever they want it to mean. (Bad enough they're patenting genes, don't think we've gone as far as to allow trademarking elements!)

Wouldn't be surprised if that ® gets dropped sometimes on other peoples websites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom