Henderson gold core

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Is there any way of buying Henderson suits in Europe?

France, Italy, Germany or Belgium would be OK.

Thanks in advance!

I just purchased one from Leisurepro. It's a great suit!

Chiara -

If you can get one - even off the internet, I would HIGHLY suggest it! As a fairly new diver, I love the equipment I have purchased for diving - BUT my Henderson Gold Core is the BEST $$ I have ever spent. I have turned several of my diving friends onto them and they agree wholeheartedly!!!

Scuba Princess.

First, I love the fit. For me (5'8", 145) the size 8 fits me perfectly. The right length, just snug enough not to be restricting. Also, diving in So. Cal. the water is chilly. The 7 mm gold core keeps me toasty warm. I have problems retaining body heat, so it works great for me. On a 100 ft dive, where we hit two thermoclines, the only parts of me that was cold were my feet and hands, which were in other type gear. Since then, I have told myself I'll be getting the booties and gloves that go with it. I got the hood too, and that helps retain warmth really well too. I have tried several other suits, and they just don't fit as well and I don't seem to stay warm in them. For me, it seems like the perfect suit (until I go dry!!!)

You should be able to find an Internet source that ships to your area, Google is your friend.

As far as liking the GC, well here is a list of reasons:
1. The lining basically seals to your skin. therefore very little water transfer and much lower heat loss. To me the GC 3mil suit is as warm, if not warmer than my DeepSee 5/4/3 suit.
2. The material has some stretch to it, not as much as hyperstretch but more than most wetsuits, so it fits much better with fewer sags and wrinkles.
3. The GC lining is very slick and easy to slide into. That combined with the stretch makes it one of the easiest suits I have ever put on.
4. Good construction. The suit is put together quite well with reinforcement in the correct places.
5. Good prices via Leisurepro makes it a great value.
6. Henderson makes a variety of tunics and vests so you can layer them if more protection is needed.
7. The lining is "odor unfriendly" so it does not stink after a couples days of diving.

Hope this list helps.

I agree with all that was said with that i have three of them one for my wife , two for me one 7mm for when was out west and 5 mm for me hear in nc which is actualy too hot still

Back
Top Bottom