Hemophila and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DS tank wipe

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi everyone, i was just wondering I'am an avid diver not quite yet getting into stage deco and what not and I'am wondering is there any contraindications and anything else that would proclude me from deco diving or diving at all for that matter because of being a hemophiliac ( disease where blood does not clot) I've asked GP's at hospitals and some instructors and they haven't given me an answer. If anyone here could think of anything it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Alex
NAUI AOW
NAUI Rescue
TDI Nitrox

I'd say that it might be a bit dangerous to dive around wrecks. And I'd be extra careful on the boat. THose sharp corners can be nasty.

I would definatly contact DAN and try to finding a diving physician. They will be able to tell you better.

I can see where it could even help prevent the bends, but - be smart and get your opinions from the professionals!

A freind and coworker of mine dives and has hemophelia. The most serious problem he has had to date is a tendency for some bleeding in his joints. This is a problem he normally has anyway from time to time but he suspects it may be aggravated by diving and more particularly in putting on his wet suit.

DA:

You need to give a call to DAN for an answer to this question.

Dr Deco

Back
Top Bottom