Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok.. I'll do my best to tell ya what I can...

My friend and I are looking to vacation to Coz in August of 2006. I know that its a long ways off... but were looking to start saving now, so I'm looking for hotels. However, I am Cozumel clueless. I have never been there, and am looking for some trustworthy reccommendations. So, I looked here.

My friend is not a diver, and has no intention of becoming one (I know, I know....) so we don't necassairly need something with Dive Options, but I don't want to rule it out either, because if I am hauling my butt all the way to Mexico, I'm going to go diving darn it!

So, what would you guys roccommend? We want something thats not too awfully far from downtown, but I think that something on the beach would be WONDERFUL!

Where have you guys stayed that has been just wonderful? I did do a search, but I found that most of the posts I ran across were centered on diving... so maybe we can make one thats not?

Thanks in advance you guys... I'm totally clueless here! :dazzler1:

Kayla :dazzler1:

Kayla:
Ok.. I'll do my best to tell ya what I can...

My friend and I are looking to vacation to Coz in August of 2006. I know that its a long ways off... but were looking to start saving now, so I'm looking for hotels. However, I am Cozumel clueless. I have never been there, and am looking for some trustworthy reccommendations. So, I looked here.

My friend is not a diver, and has no intention of becoming one (I know, I know....) so we don't necassairly need something with Dive Options, but I don't want to rule it out either, because if I am hauling my butt all the way to Mexico, I'm going to go diving darn it!

So, what would you guys roccommend? We want something thats not too awfully far from downtown, but I think that something on the beach would be WONDERFUL!

Where have you guys stayed that has been just wonderful? I did do a search, but I found that most of the posts I ran across were centered on diving... so maybe we can make one thats not?

Thanks in advance you guys... I'm totally clueless here! :dazzler1:

Kayla :dazzler1:

Based on the fact that your friend is a non-diver and wants beach:

Presidente
Playa Azul
Cozumel Palace (old PLG) - not true beach sloping into the water (it's ironshore), but there is a manamade beach

There will more than likely be new hotels by then and new favorites. Prices will most certainly rise by then, and many things will change.

Kayla:
I did do a search, but I found that most of the posts I ran across were centered on diving

Well.........This IS a Scuba message board, so diving is the primary focus of a vast majority of the posts.

I'm sure that several people will be glad to offer their opinions and advice to help you out with your question. I'd like to suggest that you also check out Tripadvisor and Travelnotes for Coz hotel reviews.

You might benefit from buying this most excellent Cozumel Map . It is actually more than just a map. It includes lots of info that would be very useful for planning a trip to Coz, in addition to showing where the hotels are located on the island.

diveborg:
Well.........This IS a Scuba message board, so diving is the primary focus of a vast majority of the posts.

LOL I know that... thats why I made a new message! Thanks for the links, I will check those out....

Christi.... I'll be looking at those hotels today, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom