Help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my digital camera uses compact flash cards. I recently took some family photos of some elderly matriarchs. I went to load them into my computer after everyone had left, and I got an error meesage saying that the disc was corrupted! now I cannot get the pixs out, and at least one of the people in the picture are no longer with us in this world.
Is there any possablity of retreiving any of the data?

Diverrick,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one and the data. If you scroll down a few threads, there's one on "I hope you don't need this...." by Grajan. It talks about data recovery techniques. Good luck.

Diverrick,
You can doznload some programs to solve this problem. Make a search through Google or Yahoo eg., or pass by www.tucows.com or www.zdnet.com. Here you can download free/shareware. I read about a program to solve this on zdnet a few weeks ago, and there are more, so I don't think it will take you long to find such a program! Good luck, and if you really cannot find one, let me know and I'll take a look for it.
Bubbel

Yes, there are "Data Recovery" programs, I'm not sure I've found the "Free" ones, but there are others outthere that will recover apx 10 pic free as a sample...
www.pcphotomag.com/ not only has great ideas but solutions for most everything... I found my data recovery program there... you should have a good chance on recovery, no guarentees, but better than not trying...

If you can - try the card in an external USB reader. There is a good chance it could work. The camera OS is nowhere as powerful as Windows so that might solve the problem right there. These readers are actually very cheap now and much easier to use with the computer. If you still get a corrupt message then there is a lot of software that might help. I just tried a Google search for 'how to recover a corrupt compact flash card' and got hundreds of hits. I wish you the best of luck and hope it goes OK!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom