Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have lost my camera mount for my Olympus C-8080 PT-023 housing. While Olympus is supposed to get back with me next week on what it will take to get a new one, I am not optimistic. Therefore, I would like to start working on building a replacement. I would appreciate it very much is someone would send me some pictures of the camera mount that I could use to begin my attempts: reaker@duke-energy.com. Thanks,

If you mean the red plastic mount that you screw to the bottom of your camera: just cut a piece of cardboard and stuff it tight inside your housing after inserting your camera. That holds your camera in place and you can use all the buttons etc. Not the most delicate way to do it but works until you get your replacement.

I do mean the red plastic mount that you describe. I was thinking of some luan plywood supported by a relatively hard foam material from a canoe carrier that I have. Somewhat similar to what you describe but your idea is certainly simpler. Won't I also need to add some material in front of the camera to keep it from sliding too far forward? My housing is at Reef Photo right now but should be back in a few days so that I can get a better feel for how difficult this might be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom