HELP. YS-D2 discharging batteried when turned off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is this a common problem? I'm using Enerloop batteries and the are almost flat after 5 hours ( I didn't turn flash on)

A black YS-D2 if that makes a difference

Don’t know squat about the YS-d2 but know a bit about electronics.

I’d start by eliminating the battery itself as the cause of the issue. They can develop internal faults and/or surface discharge. Start by disconnecting the freshly charged battery and just leave it on the bench. Check the voltage over time to see if it drops. If it does use a multimeter between one terminal and the body of the battery. Contamination can cause discharge across the surface, especially if the terminals a close together, so if you get a reading then give the battery a clean.
If it remains fully charged we’ll go to plan B.

Plan B then. The strobe isolates the batteries from each other with plastic dividers

Next step is to check voltage drop across the circuits. Isolate where the current is getting through that it shouldn't. But we need a circuit diagram.

I've been searching for one online but have had no luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom