Help with your thoughts on relationships, please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. What is the most important ingredient in a successful relationship?

For me, there is more than one "top candidate": respect, honesty, the ability to laugh together.

2. How did you know that the person you are in the relationship with was the right one for you?

The certainty grew, as the items in answer #1 became evident.

3. Where did you receive your knowledge on having/keeping a good relationship?

from watching my parents relate to each other.

4. If you could go back in time and start your relationship over, what would you do differently?

I'm not sure. While hindsight is 20-20, and there are speedbumps in every relationship, I really can't think of any major item that applies as an answer to this question.

5. When, if ever, would it be right to end a relationship?

When the respect, honesty, and the ability to laugh together are gone.

1. What is the most important ingredient in a successful relationship?

Communication, if you can effectively communicate you can work out your problems and share your triumphs.

2. How did you know that the person you are in the relationship with was the right one for you?
We started out as acquaintances then through a business deal (I bought a car from him) became friends. When the relationship I was in at the time came to an end we started spending more time hanging out together and eventually fell in love.

3. Where did you receive your knowledge on having/keeping a good relationship?
From failed relationships. I learned what I did not want in a man as well as what I did want. I learned you cannot make someone into who you want them to be, you have to shop around until you find the person who fits you from the start.

4. If you could go back in time and start your relationship over, what would you do differently?
Nothing, I love the way things have gone along. Ten years together has gone by in a flash and dad always said when time goes by quickly it means you're happy.

5. When, if ever, would it be right to end a relationship?
People change over time, when you get to the point that you can no longer communicate or are wondering why you ever fell in love with someone then it's time to seek help. If seeking help does not rekindle what you had or even start a new flame between the two of you then it's time to schedule a reconciliation period with an end date. During that time both people should strive to make things work, if the end date comes and nothing has changed then terminate the relationship. Everyone deserves to be happy, no sense staying in a relationship where you are miserable because when you are miserable you make everyone around you miserable as well.
Ber :lilbunny:

1. What is the most important ingredient in a successful relationship?I don't know. I don't have a great track record in relationships

I didn't, apparently.

3. Where did you receive your knowledge on having/keeping a good relationship?My parents I guess. They stayed together and seemed pretty happy.

4. If you could go back in time and start your relationship over, what would you do differently?Not surf so much and take her to a calm beach to sit and read...or whatever you do where there's no surf.

5. When, if ever, would it be right to end a relationship?If your spouse squanders all your money and runs off with someone else?

Thanks all for your participation! Here is a link to the streaming video of the teaching where your answers were read. It's part one of a 4 part series to continue in the coming weeks, so there is more coming...

ONE - Media Player

Answer are read about 5 mins in.

Thanks!

Rick

Back
Top Bottom