Help with transfer from Hurghada to Port Ghalib

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexandra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am getting in to HRG in middle of the night so plan to head to a hotel nearby to sleep for a few hours. I really would like to avoid having to go back to the airport to meet the shuttle bus and was wondering if anyone knows of a shuttle or car service that could pick me up at the hotel and drive me down Port Ghalib where the dive ship is docked?

I'd also need a return transfer from the ship in Port Ghalib to a hotel in Hurghada.

thanks!

do you mean you already have a shuttle bus through your trip but the meeting point is in the airport?
If this is the case, I can suggest few things:
1- get a hotel just next to the airport, use a regular taxi from-to airport to catch your shuttle. I would suggest Solymar ivory suites, its very clean, well priced, nice breakfast and 5 minutes from airport and can be booked over xpedia.
2- book a hotel and fix it with your operator to pick you up at the hotel not at the airport. The suggestion here is to pick your hotel location on their way (south from the airport not north) so that it would be easier they pick you up on their way (still the above mentioned hotel would be ok).

If this was not the case or you do not want to go through either options, you can try having your flight to marsa alam airport (RMF) it is 15 minutes off port ghalib. If not applicable your tour operator or your hotel should be able to help you rent a car or shuttle from your hotel directly to the boat

If you have a shuttle through your operator, it will be the same way to get back to hurghada (just to make sure, pay after you arrive, whether going or getting back, also keep the contacts of whoever helped you to rent the car/shuttle and the driver's contacts as well, tell them the date and time he should wait for you in port ghalib for the return, time should be couple of hours before your actual arrival, if your trip will end at 4 pm for example, tell him that he has to show on 1 1pm, and start calling over since 11 asking about his whereabouts and ensuring that he would be there in time).

hope this helps.

Hi,

As mentioned the *Sol y Mar Ivory Suites* is the place to stay near the airport, take a taxi from the rank it's not far you can see the huge neon sign from the airport access road, make sure you have plenty of 1 $ bills and remember 5 $ is quite a bit of money over there and nobody ever seems to have any change !

Limousine service from Hurghada to Port Ghalib should be about 70 - 80 $ one-way, gotohurghada.net / marsaalam.com
the distance to Port Ghalib would be 220 km or 3 hrs, the route is through El Quseir town and 2 police road checks.

Thank you for comments.

Yes, the aggressor offers a shuttle for $100 but I was just annoyed that it only leaves the airport at noon and my flight gets in at 3am. So both at arrival and departure I have to get a 1 night hotel room and then go back and forth to the airport. I was trying to cut down on that and have transport pick me up and drop me off at the hotel.

I cannot change my flight at this point and had to fly in to HRG as the flights to Marsa Alam were impossible date/time wise.

I am checking other Hurghada transfer options but it seems like some of the limos are going to be significantly more expensive, especially since I am traveling on my own, so I may have to do the shuttle bus + taxis or hotel buses back and forth to the airport. I will check with gotohurghada and see what they say.

-Alexandra

I am in the middle of planning my trip to the Red Sea Aggressor for next years 10 day cruise. One thing to keep in mind, you may want to arrive 2 days before your cruise begins. Get some rest after that long flight and use the Aggressor shuttle. The price is about the same for what you will spend on other services, except that this service is more trusted. You could book a one day Luxor tour before and after your liveaboard trip. That's what I am considering. I live in Europe and still have many hours to travel. If you are arriving from the US, I bet you could use the rest even more before you go on a non-stop 7 day diving spree.

- Phil

Hi Phil,

I just got back from my trip and ended up using a private service. He had excellent reviews on tripadvisor and for good reason. Not only more affordable than the Aggressor shuttle but easier to communicate with and more flexible. He picked me up at my hotel and dropped me off at another hotel, and was super punctual. I would highly recommend him:
Mohammad Chawki
Tour Operator
gotohurghada.net
Mob : 002 0100 233 1801
Email: gotohurghada@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom