Help with shooting RAW then post white-balancing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburdick1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good afternoon,

I'm heading to Maui in a week and will be diving a bunch while there. I've revieved some advice on my current setup (Canon 850is powershot w/ CDHK hack in Canon Housing) and have decided to save my photos in RAW format and white-balance using PhotoShop Essentials. If anyone has used this technique, could you post some before / after images so I can see what to expect? Also, any advice as to how to get the best images possible using this technique?

Thanks!

I recommend taking a white slate with you. Take a photo of the slat every now and then. This way when you get the photos on the computer you can calibrate your white balance adjustments. It also works if you, or your buddy has some white dive gear.

In the software, use the white object to set the white balance adjustments and the photos nearby should be good with the same settings, and possibly minor additional adjustments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom