Help with SeaLife DC600 Maxx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mar-y-sol

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

The DC600 is my first underwater set up. It was a fair price but now I'm really getting into photography but yet I cant find manual settings on it. I am able to take some pretty good photos with it an automatic setting, just setting the ISO and white balance but I cant set the aperature or f stop. I'm just wondering if anybody out there uses it and has some advice. Here are some photos I've taken with it, none of these have been edited

CommercialBlvd164.jpg

CommercialBlvd159.jpg

CommercialBlvd120.jpg

I have found that it takes really good macro photos but it wont focus closer than around 6 inches also you cant set the flash for macro either. Thanks for the help

mar-y-sol,

I don't have any advice as I don't own the camera, but your pics are really nice!!

I have read that some people have had problems with flooding and camera lockup. Have you had any of those problems?

Your pics make me want to get that camera!!

i havent had any problems but ive only been shooting with it lik 10 times underwater. It takes great pics out of water too and I have alot better pics than those but I dont have them uploaded. The only drawback that I have found on the camera is the lack of manual mode, but other than that the camera is great especially for the price.

i havent had any problems but ive only been shooting with it lik 10 times underwater. It takes great pics out of water too and I have alot better pics than those but I dont have them uploaded. The only drawback that I have found on the camera is the lack of manual mode, but other than that the camera is great especially for the price.

Hi,

Very great pics.

I think I will buy a Sealife DC600 during my next business trip in october.

Here in France it is not very widespread but I have the impression that in US it's a current model. And with the exchange rate between USD and EUR it's very advantageous.

What model did you bought ? with external flash, with wide angle ?

Do you have more pics online ?

Regards.

Jean-Michel

Ps : sorry for my bad english... lol

I just bought the DC600 MAXX , I hve not used it underwater yet; however, I spoke with a guy in Tech support (they are very helpful... and nice:blinking:) The macro flash is the button that looks like a lightning bolt and a flower. He said use that for macro and then when you hit the button again it goes to "nothing" then the lightning bolt with mountains for long distance. He said usually you dont use the one with the bolt and mountain, you keep it at bolt and flower or nothing. Also he said you adjust by the back of your strobe. the deeper the depth the more strength.

Hope that made sense and hopefully my pics come out half as good as yours when I come back from Florida next week.

Jill

Back
Top Bottom