Help with my D80 Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan swain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi im at my whits end with me D80 and Ikelite housing, Every time i get it working at brakes again now it seem the hot-shoe wont recognise the strobe so it will not fire. The hot shoe has always been a bit temperamental it would only work in one spot, i would send it back to ikelite but i am on koh tao and will be for some time and the post here dosnt really exists so dont want to risk posting it. If any one has got any ideas i would be so grateful.

Many thanks Dan,

Are you sure the problem isn't the sync cable? Especially if you have the older one without the strain reliefs at the connectors. I found those were really susceptible to damage. I went through a number of failed cables that way (and Ikelite won't repair them, you have to get a new one). The new ones with the strain reliefs are holding up much better.

I had this problem and I realized the fit is tight in the housing. When the back of the housing was compressed the hot shoe mount would dislodge. I cut a small piece of foam and wedged it between the hot shoe and backplate. Now it stays in place and works fine.

If that isn't it, I agree with the previous post on the sync cord.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom