Help with Mares Smart Mode Freedive/Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there, I am new here

I am doing my Divemastercourse and got a Mares Smart Divecomputer. Worked well so far the last weeks.
Then one day I did some skindiving and changed to test for Mode: Freedive
Then I didn't dive for 3 days and started today again Scubadiving.

Ok my mistake I forgot to change to Air again and dove. The computer didn't let me change the program even in the surface intervall.
So I basicly had to dive without any calculations 2 times.
That makes me really obset.
How or when can I change back to Air or Nitrox?

I know that I should not freedive after a Scubadive because of the Nitrogen. But is there any problem of Freediving and some hours later Scubadiving?
And now how can I use my computer again tomorrow? Anyone had this problem and can help me?

The computer should be a help so I changed it to Freedive. But now it turns out it is doing the opposite and makes my diving more dangerous. I am really disappointed.
Never change again to Freedive :(

Ok I finally solved the problem.
Just if anyone ever gets the same problem. I checked the manual again and discovered that there is in the settings one option ERASE where you can delete the memory about nitrogen.
I had to put in a Code, in my case 1234 and then it cleared the memory and I could set for SCUBA again.
As I said, I don't really understand what Nitrogenmemory the computer is counting from the "Freediving" and why it is not letting me dive.

Really anoying. If I wouldn't have discovered that I would have to dive one more day without or with an other computer until the 24h are completely over. If I would dive again with the freedivemode still switched on every day, it would never be possible to change back to SCUBA until I have a full 24h break.
So far maybe I am the only idiot who has this problem :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom