Help with liability question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman once bubbled...
1] Find an Ontario attorney who does tort litigation. No estate planners or tax men. A litigator. Tell him in detail what you will be doing [teaching, trips, etc] and the protection you want.
2] Have that lawyer put you in contact with an insurance broker. Someone who deal with multiple lines of liability insurance.
3]With your lawyer go over EXACTLY WHAT COVERAGE YOU WANT WITH THE BROKER. You want coverage for the club, the officers and directors. Big limits...300,000 to 1,000,000. Make the company have plenty to lose if you lose. Small limits get paid and then you're on your own for the rest.
4] Have that attorney make a litigation plan...releases, supervision, accident reports.
5] Never, ever take legal advice from non-attorneys. The field of torts and especially negligence is very complex and changes constantly.

Whew!! Thanks Lawman

My pleasure. If you were accross the river I'd do it for you
but I'm a Michigan lawyer. Good luck with the club, and may the Redwings keep the cup this year! God do we need winners,eh?

:D

Lawman: You gave great advice and didn't establish an attorney/client relationship. Well done sir. From one lawyer to another, my hat is off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom