help with gear sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENNsim

Registered
Reaction score
Help

i came upon some scuba stuff. I dont want it but i also dont know ABOUT around what its worth. The stuff seems average from what ive seen. I dont need a perfect answer and i do not have much info about them. all i know is it is 2 full scuba sets without wet suits. all gear works
thank you so much

Out of curiousity, how do you know it works if you aren't sure what you have?

How did you come by this gear?

I'd get a certified diver to look at the gear before you attempt to sell it.

GLENNsim once bubbled...
i inherited it from my grandfather. and my friend who is certified tried it all out in the pool. just around what?

The reason I ask is because of your post history, and that you seem to be trying to use "older" gear, want to dive in lake Mead, your tank hits your head underwater, you seem not to have much knowledge of the gear, and now you are trying to find out what some scuba stuff is worth.

Seems as if you've dived either this gear or a different set of gear , in some sort of water...even if in a pool, since the tank hit your head underwater.

My recommendation is that you have a certified diver (perhaps this friend of yours that is certified?) look at the gear to tell you what it is, determine if it works properly, then determine what it is worth.

use ebay as a reference. there is countless items for sale and your sure to find something close to what you have. you'll probably have to look up each item but it will give you a good idea what you can sell the gear for. this is how pawn shops come up with a loan price on so much random crap that walks in.

Try eBay. There is a neat feature that lets you determine market price for your stuff by searching for similiar stuff that has already ended / sold.

Go into Search

Select Advanced Search

Select Completed Items only

Put in a piece of gear.

Remember to try several different descriptions. Manufacturer, model and category ("Atomic T-1 Regulator") as well as just Manufacturer and category ("Atomic Regulator") or just description ("two hose regulator.")

Splat searches work well, too ("Atomic Reg*")

Give it a go, and it should get you in the ballpart. If its really old and funky stuff, remember, most of that stuff has pretty excellent value to collectors and decorators. If you can't find it on eBay, post some pics here - there are a lot of people that can help ID the gear, and may still dive with some of it today.

PM me if I may offer additional assistance.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom