Help with first drysuit purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Santi E-Lite, which I think may be the suit you are looking for. I don't know what it's made of, but it seems to be virtually indestructible. The material is a little heavier and less flexible than the E-Lite, which is my husband's suit, but he's had a hole in his and I'm 2 years into my suit without any leaks at all. The Santi suits have a bunch of thoughtful little things that make life easier, like small loops on the heels to help pull the boots on, and a rubber-lined pocket in the suspender plate that is located so that you only have to unzip the suit a couple of inches to get to your car keys :). The pockets are fabulous, with a stiffened in the edge of the flap that makes the pocket very easy to locate and open, and they come with pre-installed bungee loops at the front and rear. In addition, the right pocket has a separate compartment for your wetnotes.

I've had my suit, as I said, for two years, and I have traveled with it. I really can't think of anything I'd want in a dry suit that it doesn't have, except I'd love to have the fabric a little lighter and more flexible for donning purposes -- but then again, Peter had a hole and I haven't had even a trickle!

oh, wrt customer service, keep in mind your LDS really can't do a damn thing if you have a drysuit warranty issue other than sending it back to the mfg, so it doesn't really matter where you buy it from.... the heavy duty trilams are brilliant suits, but from a cost standpoint, I'd call DRiS and talk to them about the USIA suits.

USIA Techniflex Front Zip Drysuit | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

$1600 ish for custom cut with p-valve, or $2k ish for custom cut, with a P-valve, and their lifetime guarantee which includes free seals for life, and free zippers, and the seams are covered as well though I think they're also covered by USIA, and you only have to pay for shipping to and from which isn't terrible, certainly cheaper over the life of the suit. Just replacing wrist and neck seals is typically about $150 for latex and has to be done every few years, zippers may or may not have to be redone, but they are about $300 when they do.

I am diving the Santi E.lite and would highly recommend it. Like TSandM said above it has some great features and wears very well. I use mine for cold water wrecks in and around the Great Lakes Have about 150 dives on it and it still looks almost new. Know others wearing the Enduro that are happy with it as well.

I really like the Santi suits

As I am starting to seriously research on drysuits I would like to know opinions on the following options:

1) Bare SB System
2) Santi Espace
3) Santi Enduro
4) DUI TLS 350
5) DUI FLX Extreme
6) DUI CLX 450

Did your homework? Pinnacle?

I dive a beat to S**T DUI CNS SE with Kevlar knee pads. it will take anything and everything you throw at it. In another year it will be, by rights, an Aquaseal suit. It dives like a SEPTA bus going sideways through molasses.

I have a Pinnacle on order. I'll let you know soon...

What size are you? If this one is in your range, I'll let you try it on (I'm in NYC) and give you a good deal!

DUI FLX.

They can REALLY take a beating, are pretty light weight, can the DUI fit is just the best.

@doctormike I am medium size.

@tbone1004 thanks for the tip on the USIA, will take a look

@TSandM @underH2Oman @Ulfhedinn I took a look at the Santi E.lite and have heard great things about it. However, the price premium looks a little bit too much on my opinion and that's why I asked about the price vs currency changes.

@lowviz: I have to confess that Pinnacle drysuits were not in my radar

@PfcAJ: that's what I have been told, wondering if for the price difference the CLX would be a better option, would the CLX be too heavier/less flexible? I tried a TLS and a FLX and the DUI representative told me I would not need a custom fit, looks like Medium/Short is a "perfect match" for me.

Thanks all

I have the Santi E-Lite, which I think may be the suit you are looking for. I don't know what it's made of, but it seems to be virtually indestructible. The material is a little heavier and less flexible than the E-Lite, which is my husband's suit, but he's had a hole in his and I'm 2 years into my suit without any leaks at all. . . .

Is the second instance of "E-Lite" a typo? Did you mean to say your husband has the E-Motion? I've got my sights set on an E-Motion, as I don't plan on much heavy-duty use. I'm reading all I can about Santi suits.

Back
Top Bottom