Help with dual regulators???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_shop

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got a Aqual-lung set up. It has two gages and one regulator? and it has two mouth pieces. As you can tell I have no Idea what is what. I just couldn't figure out why there would be two of the mouth pieces connected to one unit....I hope that makes sense to someone....Thanks for the help!

3 hoses? ... 1 hose to gauge , 1 hose to each mouthpiece? ... is one mouthpiece yellow?

If so , one is your normal mouthpiece , the yellow one is your backup mouthpiece (or for your buddy to breath on, in emerg.)

If you could give more info ... also, should have asked in Basic Scuba Discussions

DB

4 hoses total. Two mouth pieces one has part yellow hose. One line has two gages at end. And last line has some type of fitting on it. Thanks for the help!

the_shop:
Hello,

I just got a Aqual-lung set up. It has two gages and one regulator? and it has two mouth pieces. As you can tell I have no Idea what is what. I just couldn't figure out why there would be two of the mouth pieces connected to one unit....I hope that makes sense to someone....Thanks for the help!
the_shop:
4 hoses total. Two mouth pieces one has part yellow hose. One line has two gages at end. And last line has some type of fitting on it. Thanks for the help!
From your posts, it sounds like you have a typical Octo-reg system, i.e. A regulator, with hoses running to your primary and secondary second stages, one for the BC, and one for the guages - probably depth and air guages.

It also kinda' sounds like you are not certified to use this equipment....?? :11:

I am going to ask a Moderator move this to the Regulator forum for better coverage.

I hope you will review our New Divers & Those Considering Diving forum: click here

Post an Introductions in this forum: here

And for best use of SB, complete your Profile here and any dive history you have here

PM me if I can help...

the_shop:
Sounds like you've got a hose for your primary regulator (what you're calling a mouthpiece), one for your backup (the yellow one, also sometimes called an "octopus"). The hose with the fitting on it is the low pressure inflator for your BCD. The high pressure hose with the tiny orifice is for your Submersible pressure guage.

It would probably be a good idea to get someone who knows what they're doing help you put this together. It does matter, to an extent, where each hose goes for the best use configuration.

Please get certified or dive with an intructor before you use your setup...you have the most recognizable scuba setup in front of you, yet you don't know what it is..."What you don't know will kill you!", so please get certified before using this equipment.

BigJetDriver69:
Ha yourself, you beat me to it as well, SB!

Rob :eyebrow:
Snowbear:
HA!! Beat ya to it :D
You guys are competing...?
:lol:

Poseidon8118:
Please get certified or dive with an intructor before you use your setup...you have the most recognizable scuba setup in front of you, yet you don't know what it is..."What you don't know will kill you!", so please get certified before using this equipment.
Tha's what I was thinking. :thumb:

But I disagree with The Honorable Snowbear. You need a qualified technician to put it together - to service it if it is used. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom