Help with Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and by doing that you are choosing to restrict the total capacity of your wing. While that is not a permanent restriction, when you use gusset control type systems to alter the shape of the wing you are sacrificing usable capacity of the wing. Which is OK and what it is designed for, you are not however supposed to be inflating against the bungees during normal use otherwise you defeat the purpose of the GCS in the first place

Watch the video to understand what it is actually supposed to do. Again, this is not designed to be used for anything other than altering the shape of the wing by reducing lift capacity. You aren't supposed to inflate against the bungee.

[video=youtube;Mo6nAbWM4zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6nAbWM4zo[/video]

This is the bondage style wings
View attachment 217958

Yeah but I have a 94 lb lift wing so there's lift to spare. Then there's the lift bag I carry on every dive more lift to spare. By the way you mean don't over tighten shoulder straps don't you?

no, I don't tighten shoulder straps period. With a one piece harness the straps should be pretty loose otherwise you can't get out of it expediently in an emergency....

The 94lb lift wings are exactly why the bungees had to be made in the first place. 94lbs should never be needed, there is no amount of open circuit diving where you should be 94lbs negative....

no, I don't tighten shoulder straps period. With a one piece harness the straps should be pretty loose otherwise you can't get out of it expediently in an emergency....

The 94lb lift wings are exactly why the bungees had to be made in the first place. 94lbs should never be needed, there is no amount of open circuit diving where you should be 94lbs negative....

I'm not so sure about the extra lift. In the event there is a need to bring another diver with doubles to the surface extra lift just might come in handy. I like having more air and lift than I need. Besides I got it real cheap brand new still in the packages in a private deal. So it was just what I "needed"! Also as someone posted I can use a single tank without the taco affect. After 5 years diving that wing I have not regrets with the purchase. It'll be the last BC I'll ever buy unless something drastic happens to it.

Tbone can you describes some situations when you might need to quickly get out of your harness. I'm new to doubles. Curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting into a RIB and getting a buddy out of the water in an emergency are two things that come to mind.

Ever had to pee really bad after a dive?[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 94 lbs he will be his own boat. I found that I only needed a 55-60lbs wing so my 80lb wing sits in the closet just in case good thing they were only $100 each.

Tbone can you describes some situations when you might need to quickly get out of your harness. I'm new to doubles. Curious
I wear mine too tight. It's a pain to get in and out of it in the water, but I can reach the valves. If it's actually a real emergency, I've got multiple cutting devices that will make getting out the harness pretty quick, but getting back in is going to cost $25 bucks and a take at least a half hour. If it's not an actual emergency I can take a minute or two.

I wear mine too tight. It's a pain to get in and out of it in the water, but I can reach the valves. If it's actually a real emergency, I've got multiple cutting devices that will make getting out the harness pretty quick, but getting back in is going to cost $25 bucks and a take at least a half hour. If it's not an actual emergency I can take a minute or two.

you can uhh... loosen it...

Why do you wear it too tight?

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

Back
Top Bottom