help with dive operator choice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
i have decided not to do my instructor course just yet and do a dm internship. i have narrowed my choice of places to study/work down to two dive centres. looking for advice and reviews on oceanworx and aquaplanet.

oceanworx is mentioned on here quite a bit and seems to have a good rep. i havent heard anything about aqua planet though. has anyone been diving with them?

also as i'll be spending upto a year working in the area where the dive centre is, does anyone have any info on the surrounding areas. how close are they to the dive sites? other things to do maybe? are they tourist areas?

oceanworx is Umkomaas.

aquaplanet is shelly beach.

any info would be appreciated.

Umkomass has a small town feel to it. It's pretty quiet at night. Durban is only a couple of hours away. I spent a week there and really enjoyed it, but I was only interested in diving and relaxing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom