Help with bolts used to band together doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm ready to band together my doubles, but after a dry run before tighting everything down I feel that bolts are way to long. Currently I have a set of Highland bands and the bolt is sticking about about 1 1/2" from my plate and it hits my back. Has anyone else had to change the size of the bolt for the bands? I would think that it would be OK to take at least a 1/2" or 3/4" off the bolts, with out putting anything at risk. Does anyone see a problem with this, or do I just need to adjust where the bands are? They seem to be in the right spot so I can reach my val.

Thanks for the assistance!

Two words: Dremel tool.

You can get shorter bolts, sounds like 1 inch shorter would work well.

Of a bimetallic hacksaw and file will work.

Are you sure the bands are the correct size for the tanks, this is somewhat unusual. What brand plate?

u can cut it short, so it doesn't poke into ur back, make sure u don't cut too much till it's too short to fasten to your b/p

Heard all that I needed to...pulling out the Dremel now.

Thanks for the help everyone!

hang on, make sure u put the wing nut in before u dremel it....

hope that is not too late.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom