help with belize please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrKevbo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading for AC on Sept 21st. Cannot seem to get any current dive condition info. If anyone can give us some dive conditions and forcast for the next couple weeks we would be truly grateful. We know its a very chancy time of year, but we dive when we can and as often as we can.

Also, anyone with experience with Ambergris Divers? they are the only recommendation we have received. looking to do a couple three tank dives to the outer atolls and maybe check out the controversial blue hole. Does Ambergris divers have a good boat for the trip or do we need to look elsewhere?

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH
K

You'll have a great time in Belize. I was there earlier this year and can't wait to go back. I would suggest that you pm ecosvl on this board. He is with Ecologic Divers on AC, and could probably give you info on current conditions. Also, I highly recommend checking them out to dive with. We had a great time with them and will be diving with them again when we go back.

You could do a search for 'dive conditions' here - http://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm

The question has been asked and answered several times since Dean and it is my understanding that the conditions are as good as ever.

Amigos del Mar has the biggest boat going to the Blue Hole. Makes a long ride much smoother. They are likely who Steve (of Ecologic Divers) or Peter (Protech) would recommend as they have an excellent reputation.

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH
K

DrKevbo, the first thing you need to do is calm down....you're coming to Belize. How bad can it be....unless that little storm out there turns into another cat 5 hurricane, which should hit about 4 days before you're supposed to arrive...but other than that? Heeeyyyy, no worries. :D
Just hit San Pedro, kick back and enjoy......

Heading for AC on Sept 21st. Cannot seem to get any current dive condition info. If anyone can give us some dive conditions and forcast for the next couple weeks we would be truly grateful. We know its a very chancy time of year, but we dive when we can and as often as we can.

Also, anyone with experience with Ambergris Divers? they are the only recommendation we have received. looking to do a couple three tank dives to the outer atolls and maybe check out the controversial blue hole. Does Ambergris divers have a good boat for the trip or do we need to look elsewhere?

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH
K

Have 2 weeks experience, on two trips, diving with Ambergris Divers and I was pleased. Boats used for local reefs are 30' to 35' outboards, very simple. They have a larger boat, maybe 40', for runs to the Blue Hole.

Hank,

The AAAARRRGGGHHHH was not an expression of stress, but I was getting into "Pirate Mode".
I love to dive, I want to dive, and I plan to dive. But If the weather doesnt allow I have my book A bottle of Rum and a six pack of Coke. Best of all I will be away from the office. Part of why I chose Belize was the Layed back reputation. I tend to steer clean of the Cabo/Miami beach type of destination. Thats why we love Bonaire so much. This time we wanted to try something differant. So yah man no worries.

PS what did that poor lionfish ever do to you?

Hank,

The AAAARRRGGGHHHH was not an expression of stress, but I was getting into "Pirate Mode".
I love to dive, I want to dive, and I plan to dive. But If the weather doesnt allow I have my book A bottle of Rum and a six pack of Coke. Best of all I will be away from the office. Part of why I chose Belize was the Layed back reputation. I tend to steer clean of the Cabo/Miami beach type of destination. Thats why we love Bonaire so much. This time we wanted to try something differant. So yah man no worries.

PS what did that poor lionfish ever do to you?

the lionfish? Nothing. It's a long standing joke between me and Archman, the resident marine biologist, about what to do with invasive species. He's right....but don't tell him I admitted that....
Plus, I just got the latest Dandy Don storm report and that depression that looked to be on the same path as Dean and Felix looks to be turning north and headed to FL or vicinity. You should have nice weather. have fun.

It looks like we are going to have the best of both worlds. The weather may give us a break, that and it looks like we will have the island to ourselfs. Sometimes the magic works. Ive been diving for quite a while and actual have a marine biology degree from back in the dark ages that I never used, likewise I have never used the message boards. Looks like I have been overlooking an invaluable resource. Been getting some great info. Thanks to all

You might want to double check the dive center, as several companies close some time in Sept. and Oct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom