HELP: Vacuum in my Canon Powershot S120 case - cannot open it anymore - what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaf

New
Reaction score
Hi ! I just got a brand new canon powershot s120 with the corresponding case (WP-DC51) and flew to Asia with it for diving today. Yet before the dive I was shocked to discover I could not open the case anymore, as apparently a vacuum has formed inside it, firmly held by the rubber ring. The camera is not inside the case.

Any tips on what to do now and how to get the case open without damaging it?

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks a lot!
Yvonne

PS it looks like the attached photo. I can still open the black release to the left in the picture, but nonetheless the case won't open.
Z

Leave it in the sun for a few minutes so the air inside heats and expands. Next time you travel remove the oring and you won't have this problem, it can even happen while driving if the height changes a lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for the advice for future transport of the camera and the case!
also for the hint about heat and expanding air inside - i put the case in hot water for 3-4 minutes and it opened! thanks a million!

Back
Top Bottom