Help-USB to serial converter for Data trak windows Memo Mouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got the Data Trak Windows Memo Mouse for my Scubapro air Z Nitrox computer.
I have a Belkin USB PDA Serial Adapter F5U109 which works when I use it with another device which is not a PDA either.

Yes you guessed right--- the F5U109 is not working with the Data trak memo mouse. In the read me note it states the Data trak needs a "USB to serial (RS-232) converters USB 1.1"

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve the problem?

I have a Pentium 4 1.90 MHZ OS: Windows XP professional.

Help!

azsilver:
I just got the Data Trak Windows Memo Mouse for my Scubapro air Z Nitrox computer.
I have a Belkin USB PDA Serial Adapter F5U109 which works when I use it with another device which is not a PDA either.

Yes you guessed right--- the F5U109 is not working with the Data trak memo mouse. In the read me note it states the Data trak needs a "USB to serial (RS-232) converters USB 1.1"

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve the problem?

I have a Pentium 4 1.90 MHZ OS: Windows XP professional.

Help!

I would like some information from anyone using the Data trak Memo Mouse with ScubaPro Computers.

Thanks, AZ silver

I would think you have the same or similar problem that a lot of suunto users have when using their adapter with another device. What other device do you use it with? I would check that device's software settings to make sure that it isn't keeping your interface from using it. If possible, uninstall that device's software and try it again. This is a big problem with people who use a palm on the same port. In that situation, closing down the palm software usually fixes the problem (at least with people using an interface with suunto computers.

jamiei:
I would think you have the same or similar problem that a lot of suunto users have when using their adapter with another device. What other device do you use it with? I would check that device's software settings to make sure that it isn't keeping your interface from using it. If possible, uninstall that device's software and try it again. This is a big problem with people who use a palm on the same port. In that situation, closing down the palm software usually fixes the problem (at least with people using an interface with suunto computers.

I have a serial port on my computer---the Memo mouse data trak for windows is working OK

Thanks for the information and your help....I did take the other device software off the PC too.

I have windows 98 and datatrak works fine. I have heard that XP does not work with data trak. I have also heard you can download a patch from the uwatec website to work with XP. I'm not sure of the details, but the problem is with the interface with XP.

I have the memo mouse unit and a serial cable. I also have a backup UPS unit that plugs into the serial port as well. That's a problem. Can't run both at the same time, so I just unplugged the ups serial cable and plugged in my memo mouse cable. Still didn't work. damn. now what?

Well, I had to go into the "control panel", select the "backup power management" control item and then proceed to the config screen to change the port from Com 1 to Com 3. Then the M.M. worked!, but my modem didn't. Damn, now what?

Well, I have to change the UPS from Com 3 back to Com 1 in order to get my modem working again and get on the net. What a P.I.T.A. but I couldn't get mine to work on USB either. even with the special cable that converts serial to USB and had a disk (CD) in the pack too. Oh well, I got it working but it took some doing. :wink:
db

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom