Help us out - recommend a Belize trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like Glovers Atholl Resort. A bit sparce as far as first class but nice huts and very knowledgeable people. They have some huts here in Sittee River, which is beautiful, and they take you out to Glovers from here or Dangriga.

They do? Where?

Btw, Hank, I'll be there the first three weeks in June. I assume this means you'll be fleeing the country as usual but if not, let's hook up. It's been a while.

I won’t be traveling so much now. Should be here.
The huts are just a couple miles down river from where I live, Orchard Estates. They have a half of a big trimaran that they use to transport people and supplies.
Call me when you get in. 628 6149

They do? Where?

Btw, Hank, I'll be there the first three weeks in June. I assume this means you'll be fleeing the country as usual but if not, let's hook up. It's been a while.

I'm 72, OW, experienced (100+ dives). My brother is being treated for brain cancer (not benign) and has one last dive trip on his bucket list. He has dived Cozumel, didn't like it but wants me to take him to Belize. He is younger and in incredible condition (bicycler).
Where would you go?

Not looking for the aggressive dives, don't need any notches on the dive log, want it EZ-PZ for me and him.
Who would you dive with?

I'll probably book the entire boat.

Where would you stay? We don't want to go on the cheap. Last chance of a lifetime, probably.
Please recommend stuff.

We went to Belize and went all over, but part of that was a week on San Ambergris. We stayed at The Phoenix hotel (beautiful and the staff is AMAZING) and they dove with Patojo's the entire week. Went to the Blue Hole and many other days 2 tank dives. Phoenix is right there ot walk into town to eat. Hotel is a bit pricey. Patojo's is about what you'd pay in Cozumel and is a great outfit.

I would book a trip on the Belize Aggressor IV. Rooms are nice, service is amazingly great. Diving is as simple as you want it to be. They will dive the Blue Hole so just skip it to avoid the deep dive if you prefer. The diving from there will be better than any place you can stay and do day trips. You can stick with the guide if you want a guided dive. After doing that myself, I cannot imagine settling for anything else in Belize.
Just a thought....

Sorry to hear about your brother.

You didn't say much about what kind of experience you want. Better diving as others have said is out on the atolls.

Another idea out on Glover's Reef is Off the Wall - definitely more of an eco-resort, but VERY chilled out, every room juist steps from the water. INcredibly quiet and peaceful, dive sites 3-5 mnute boat ride (wall is about 200 yards off 1 end of the island). Owner-operators Jim and Kendra Schofield are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet. It is not lux, but "rustic comfort" and only about 12 total guests at a time, I believe

Belize Diving & Snorkeling Resort | Glovers Reef | Off The Wall Belize

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom