Help - Traveling to Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkornfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Please advise if wrong thread.

My wife and I are traveling to TCI - july 18th thru 25th.

Need help on where to stay and dive company...

We have three properties on our radar...
- Royal West Indies
- Sibonne
- Caribbean Paradise.

Looking for good value. Does anyone have experience at any of these or have their own recommendation.

Also - looking for a dive company.... I'm the only one diving.....have 25 dives under my belt - Cozumel, Belize.

Thanks
Gregg

Also - looking for a dive company.... I'm the only one diving.....have 25 dives under my belt - Cozumel, Belize.

Thanks
Gregg

Flamingo Divers. Mickey and Jayne only take out 8 at a time. Really nice couple. They will pickup where you are staying.

I made the assumption you are staying on Provo - correct?

Last edited:
Yes that is correct. Any thoughts on the hotel selection?

Nope, we stayed at the Harbour Club Villas and Marina and stayed away from the hotels/resorts.

HI gkornfeld

I stayed a Royal West Indies on Provo in june of 2009. Rooms and property are nice and very clean. The beach and water where outstanding. It is more of a time share type place than a hotel. There is one restaurant on site that was good but pricy. They have bikes you can user for free to ride up the road a half mile to the grocery store, shops or restaruants. There is a outside bar by the pool but no beach service. It is a quiet laid back place - not busy at all. Over all I would stay there again.

I dove with "cacios adventures" very good safe operation. Also heard good things about "dive provo". The diving was outstanding, the only draw back was they typically only do 2 dives a day because the boat rides are somewhat long, so I didn't end up back at the hotel until around 3 each day. But they both have a van that picks you up and drops you off back at the resort.

I can highly recommend Royal West Indies as well. Family friendly but still classy. Great value - decent sized studios and large 1BR suites - both include washer/dryer w/ soap and kitchenette (studio) or full kitchen (1BR). Excellent service at the restaurant. Friendly staff. Free use of kayaks and Hobie cats on the beach. Nice pools, including a hot tub.

Be sure to check their website as well as Hotels.com for discount rates.

Have not stayed at any of those but did stay at the Alexandra two years ago when it was brand new. Very nice condo development with beautiful beach.

The Alexandra Resort

Low season there in July so most places should be pretty quiet.

Back
Top Bottom