Help to find dive buddies for shore diving in Bonaire in Sep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zanoscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys

I'm off to Bonaire on the 3rd sep for 2 weeks for my honeymoon (can't wait). My other half is a windsurfer, so I only I will be diving. I really want to do some shore diving and would like to find some other divers to buddy up with.

Anyone in Bonaire for that time? or know anyone that will be there and is up for a dive buddy?

Thanks loads!!

I'm on-island now until 12 Sept. Where are you staying? We can get together.

Were are you staying? A lot of the dive shops have boards that you can post your name to find a buddy or 2
buddy dive, caribbean club,plaza resort,divi flamingo, captian dons to name a few
or just at what ever dive shop you are using
everyone on bonaire is friendly and helpful
you should not have any problem finding someone to dive with

Bonaire is one place where you will not find it difficult to find a dive buddy. Say Hi to the Mari Bahn for me if you venture that way! :)

When you do your mandatory orientation at the dive shop, ask the staff if there are any single divers or talk to the other divers and see if you can find a buddy or two.

If all else fails, go to one of the sites and ask if you can join a dive group. The sites on the south end of the island are quite open and it is not uncommon to see groups of trucks parked 100 yds or so apart along the shore.

Have a good trip.

I'll be on Bonaire at Buddy from the 3rd to the 10th with gf, sister and two other dive buddy's. Where are you staying?

When you do your mandatory orientation at the dive shop, ask the staff if there are any single divers or talk to the other divers and see if you can find a buddy or two.

If all else fails, go to one of the sites and ask if you can join a dive group. The sites on the south end of the island are quite open and it is not uncommon to see groups of trucks parked 100 yds or so apart along the shore.

Have a good trip.

This is a common thing and easy to do.

Grab a copy of "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" by Susan Porter for all the best facts on most official sites and many unofficial locations. Maybe too late to order on line but here is the link:

Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy, BSDME, Author Susan Porter

The book is also widely available on island - virtually all dive shops and bookstores downtown Kralendijk.

Enjoy. I don't get there until a month later. Darn....

I'll be on Bonaire at Buddy from the 3rd to the 10th with gf, sister and two other dive buddy's. Where are you staying?

I'm at Lighthouse Beach Resort. I can meet you at Buddy's. Let me know when.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom