help- suggest a first stop in the visayas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mslise

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all-
Have been lurking around for ages reading up. We're about to start a few months diving/travelling around asia, and the first 5 weeks is in the Philippines.

We're flying into Cebu (4am arrival, thanks cebu pacific) and over the next 5 weeks are looking at some of: sogod bay, bohol, apo island, maybe moalboal, boracay (not for diving), PG and then up maybe via anilao. We fly out of manila.

I'm happy to work it out as we go, but because we're arriving at 4am and need to sort of know where we're going, can anyone suggest where we should head to first? I was thinking sogod bay, but it's quite a long trip from cebu and also from what I read it's some of the better diving and we dont want to be disappointed with the other dives after that.

Any comments are appreciated- places we shouldnt miss, places we SHOULD miss.. the best order to do things in.. :D

Cheers!

Here's a good Visayas fact sheet although not sure how current the information pertaining to the ferries to Leyte, http://www.starfish.ch/dive/info/Visayas-info.html

One option would be to go straight to Sogod Bay. You can take the 6am Supercat ferry to Ormoc and from there, Padre Burgos is only 3 hours by car.

try to hire a private car to pick you up at the airport and head to moalboal first. you will get there just in time to join the first dives if you're up to it.

I would go to Panglao (Bohol) first. Many dive shops/hotels in Alona beach that can accomodate you. You can get news/tips/advice from the divers there also. Very easy to get there from Cebu. I think a fast ferry (Ocean Jet, in Pier 1) leaves for Bohol early in the morning. You can easily catch that if your flight isn't delayed.

If you're into macro don't miss Dauin in Negros. PM me if you want more details.

Best fishes,
marku

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom