Help Stretching Foot pocket on Jets??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexxred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all

I’ve got a pair of XL jets. I’m now diving a dry suit Apollo 4mm. It does not have huge rock boots (just soft soled) and the fins fit with the XL spring straps. The only problem is that my right foot is bigger than my left, and it is just a touch to tight…well it’s crushing my foot a bit. There is no such problem with my left foot. I think the problem (other than one foot bigger than the other) is the height of the foot pocket.

My question is anyone aware of how I might be able to slightly stretch the foot pocket? I was thinking of using some wood and maybe heating the rubber with a hair drier. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Alex

No can do.

Try silicone spray, and then just shove your foot in.

Thanks for the reply, but as I said getting my foot in is not the issue. It's the fact that on my right foot the fit is too tight and hurting my foot. From looking at it is appears that this is a result of the pocket not being high enough, I thought I might be able to stretch the rubber just enough to solve the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom