Help setting up Brass/Glass SPG and new hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alex.hennen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the Regulator forum. I just purchased a 2" Brass/Glass SPG to install on my regulator. I also purchased a new HP hose. I was setting it up today, and it did not come with an O-ring that goes between the HP hose and the gauge, although there is a spool, which is what I guess allows it to rotate. Does the spool provide all the sealing, or does there need to be an O-Ring as well? I would have called the company I purchased it from, but they are closed on the weekends and I am going for a dive tomorrow.

Worst case scenario, I just put my original console back on before the dive, but I thought I would try this first.

This is where I purchased the gauge and hose, if it helps to see it. They show a picture of the spool on that page as well.
Submersible Pressure Gauges (SPGs) - Dive Gear Express

Thanks!
Alex

There should be a small (2-003) o-ring on each end of the included spool (from link: "Our Naked SPGs include the Spool, with two oxygen compatible o-rings") that do the sealing. You will want to lube them as they are dynamic (move) and exposed to SW.

Yes the spool does all the sealing, which is why it has two small O rings at each end. The spool also allows the gauge to rotate.

Those $2 assorted o-ring boxes Triton sells as save a dive kits have a few small o-rings in them. In a pinch you can just go to the hardware store.

Alex,

The air spool that was packed with your gauge is what you'll need to provide the seal and allow rotation.

--Joyce

Does it need to be lubed?

Thanks for the replies! I did sparingly lube the small o-rings with silicone lube. I'm glad that it will work and I can use it on my dive tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom