HELP!!!! Sealife DC 500 "Card Error"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rboyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Just bought a new DC 500 Sealife camera. Everything seems to work fine except when I put my SanDisk 1.0gb SD card in it. When I power it up it says "Card Error", It will not let me do anything but power it back off. I formatted the card in my PC and it still didn't work. Also tried the 64mb card out of my GPS it does the same thing. Any ideas? The lock on the SD card is not on.There is nothing in the book about this problem. I know it's not a bad card I can save stuff to it w/ my PC. Help........ Thanks in advance!
rboyer

Hi,

A couple of possible sugestions.

1. The card needs to be inserted all the way into the slot... it sort of locks in. If it is not fully inserted you will get a "card error" message... at least I did.

2. I have some recolection that the 1gig card may not be compatable with the software version you have. make sure you have the latest version installed.

3. The service people at pioneer (sealife) are excellent. Please give them a call.

The cameral will give you terrific results for a point and shoot digital.

Also, try formatting the card from within the camera.

When i put the card in the camera it will not let me do anything.......just power it off. I cannot format or anything:06:

1. Tech support form the camera mfg. is your best bet.

2. Formatting cards other than in the camera can be a problem. It was once for me. In the future, after correcting the problem, only erase/format the cards in the camera.

3. You can try purchasing (download)Photo Rescue online and see if it recovers data on the card then try re-formatting the card in the camera.

I called the company this morning they said they had problems w/ a few of there cameras doing this,......told me to send it to them and they would get me a new one out the same day......

I had a similar problem with mine. I sent mine back to them about a week ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Yea Im just going by what they said. I told them I was going on vac and needed it soon.....so they said when I get conformation on them getting it, call and they would pull it and get anoher one out. you might try that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom