Help Reading Genesis Pro Resource Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MWOLF

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there I am new to the dive computer world and was giving a new Genesis Pro Resource computer. I have read the book with it and looked on line for help reading it but no luck. Can any one offer help or suggestions.
Thanks TJ

Hi, MWolf, welcome to ScubaBoard.

I am a bit confused about your question - What is it you cannot read?

I see from your profile you are an experienced diver. Are you Nitrox certified?

Is this what you have?
316.2_ReSourceProImage2.jpg

Yes experienced in dives, with this computer not so much. Getting Nitrox next weekend. The problem I am having is reading the dives. I have done 2 saltwater dives with it and played with it in pool a couple of times.

What I see on the DC now is 54 min surface intervale the air temp of 72 the time and above the time a 2
next screen is 39 min bt(bottom time) 47 as max depth

So I understand I have a dive of 39 mins at 37 feet and a surface interval of 54 mins. What is the 2 for?

next screen has --- for si then 72 air temp and a 1 on right above time
next screen has 37 bt at 46 feet
next screen is 27 Si at 72f with a 2 above time
next screen has a 000 bt at 5 ft

So does this mean last dive was 39 min bt at 47 feet and Si at 27 min and 37 bt at46 feet?

Unsure what the 1 and 2 on right is for.

Other item is how do I get it out of the console it is in to replace battery when it is time? It seems to be a unfelxable boot.

Last item the DC seems to have a place on the left for a data cable. IS this item capable of downloading and if so where can I get a cable for it? I have looked online and find nothing about it.

Thanks so much
TJ

Last item the DC seems to have a place on the left for a data cable. IS this item capable of downloading and if so where can I get a cable for it? I have looked online and find nothing about it.
apparently not - although there's apparently a newer model than this one also:
I have one and never found that it could be downloaded. The "thing" on the side is the contacts for the water activation.
Genesis Resource Pro Computer

Last edited:
I have done 2 saltwater dives with it and played with it in pool a couple of times.

What I see on the DC now is 54 min surface intervale the air temp of 72 the time and above the time a 2

So I understand I have a dive of 39 mins at 37 feet and a surface interval of 54 mins. What is the 2 for?
Dive count?

Some computers also don't activate until a certain depth is reached - like 15' or so. It's so bobbing around on the surface isn't counted as a new dive.

Reactions: Jax
Yes experienced in dives, with this computer not so much. Getting Nitrox next weekend. The problem I am having is reading the dives. I have done 2 saltwater dives with it and played with it in pool a couple of times.

So I understand I have a dive of 39 mins at 37 feet and a surface interval of 54 mins. What is the 2 for? I would guess it is the dive log #, Dive #2.

next screen has --- for si then 72 air temp and a 1 on right above time guessing: --- Is a surface Interval greater than a certain number of hours (like days)
next screen has 37 bt at 46 feet 37 min bottom time, max depth 46'
next screen is 27 Si at 72f with a 2 above time 27 min Surface Interval, dive #2 to 72' depth . . . But what is Bottom Time?
next screen has a 000 bt at 5 ft This was probably not a logged dive, since it was not deep.

So does this mean last dive was 39 min bt at 47 feet and Si at 27 min and 37 bt at46 feet? You didn't say what Bottom time for the 2nd dive.

Unsure what the 1 and 2 on right is for. Dive log counter. You should log in your book that your dive count was actually ###, so the dive counter is that number plus a certain # of dives to match your log book.

Other item is how do I get it out of the console it is in to replace battery when it is time? It seems to be a unfelxable boot. Maybe seems that way, but it will come out.

Thanks so much
TJ

Sorry it isn't downloadable. You will need to annotate its report into your log book each time. Good Luck. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom