help please with reg titan glacia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flamebug818

Reaction score
Southern california all ways want a dive buddy
# of dives
50 - 99
i am looking to by my first bit of gear and was thinking a titan glacia, i have heard almost all good reviews but when i looked to by it the salesperson said it was bad and i should by a $500 dollar one that is out of my price range help i dive in 50-70 degree water farhenhit and need help dont dive much past 120 ft help thanks a thousand
flamebug :06:

Hmmmmm..... Maybe the sales guy was thinking more about his Christmas bonus than he was about how to help you...

What did he say was so "bad" about it?

R..

Flamebug818:
i am looking to by my first bit of gear and was thinking a titan glacia, i have heard almost all good reviews but when i looked to by it the salesperson said it was bad and i should by a $500 dollar one that is out of my price range help i dive in 50-70 degree water farhenhit and need help dont dive much past 120 ft help thanks a thousand

Hey buddy! I'm a repair tech for a dive shop that sells mostly Aqualung products. I'm certainly not here to endorse the store or the connection with the brand. I would ignore the sales-person. Guess someone was thinking about their commission and not you. In my experience-that reg is the best of both worlds-it'll last & still be operable when we're collectiing social security & the price is realistic-considering what's out there. They're durable and it breathes to your needs. From a parts-warranty point of view Aqualung is very good & takes care its customers with their program. Like most brands, the 2nd & Octo are plastic housings-but any shop can replace cosmetic pieces as time goes on.

The Titan is an excellent reg. A number of my dive buddies use it all the time. I have 2 of them that I use as stage regulators on dives deeper than recreational depths and in cold water and have never had anything but great performance from them.

theskull

Diver0001:
Hmmmmm..... Maybe the sales guy was thinking more about his Christmas bonus than he was about how to help you...

What did he say was so "bad" about it?

R..
he said that it is badly built and will be in the shop for almost all of the time
thanks for all your guys help
flamebu;g

Flamebug818:
he said that it is badly built and will be in the shop for almost all of the time
thanks for all your guys help
flamebu;g

We use Titans in our Rental inventory. If anyone can put a reg to the test, its students, and we rarely have problems with them. Buy the Aqua Lung if it fits your budget. Its a great reg.

I also live near a place that uses them in rental. They are great regs especially for your budget location and dive environment. If you have heard anything about the old conshelf regulators.... you can apply most of it to the Titan as it is essentially a conshelf wrapped in a little flashier package. Great reg. Great performance and value along with a lifetime parts agreement.
I too do not endorse nor work for Aqualung.....

Well, I'm not using a Titan Glacia myself but I know couple of people who do and they are all very satisfied with this reg.
I also saw this reg very frequently as a rental reg on dive resorts and I'd assume it would be too time consuming for them to fix them continously, so I'd think they have to be fairly reliable and solid for someone to chose them for such a purpose.

jeez...I hate salespeople like that...I wouldn't trust this guy at all - and complain to the owner - he's dissing the gear the store carries? That's a bit odd...

The titan is great, and solid, and I've never found aqualung products to be finicky - they're simple as heck....go for what you'd like, and you don't need an expensive reg until you start getting into really demanding environments, and even then I imagine your reg will take you where ever you want to go. My little Micra has been down to 330, and ice diving!!

Flamebug818:

You have to love salespeople (and I used to be one). I don't have the Glacia, but I do have a Titan LX with about 100 dives on it and as far as I am concerned its bulletproof. In fact this summer I mistreated it abit by letting my tank with reg. attached fall from my car's trunk. Bang...Hisss...yup lost the 2nd stage hose, and put what I thought was just a scratch on the body. But after replacing the hose I still got 30 or so problem free dives out of it. When I recently brought it in for its annual checkup the tech noticed that the body was bent out of shape from the fall. He was amazed that it could even hold a seal at the O-ring. Hey, Aqualung takes a licking and keeps on ticking! By the way...I dive in water temps from 60 degrees in the summer down to the upper 30's in the winter...so they can handle the cold too. Ok...now you can all let me have it for being careless with my tank, and not having my regulator checked out after the fall before I dove with it again! Just don't tell my instructor please!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom