Help: Place to stay in PDC in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver1369

Registered
Reaction score
This is probably a lost cause (my stupidity) but I have to try.

I have airline reservations for three (with wife and son) to Playa Del Carmen for 11 - 17 April (actually Cancun Airport, but with the intent to stay in the PDC area.) I'm tightly locked in by school vacation schedules, and apparently so is everyone else.

I have been unable to find any place to stay for those dates; tried both hotels and condos in the area.

Before I give up the air tickets, I thought I would try asking if anyone might know of a place in that area that would have a room available near the beach for 11-17 April.

I realize this is a long shot, but thanks for any suggestions you might have.

thanks,
john
diver1369

Try www.locogringo.com They are a reservations company (hotels, condos and villas) based in Akumal. They handle properties in PDC, Aventuras, Akumal, Tulum and some further south down to Mahuhual.

Fill out the res form on their site and you should hear back within a day or two with what they've got available.

I would not give up my air tickets. There are many locally owned hotels within walking distance of the beach that do not advertise. I have always been able to get a room by just walking in to some of these and they run $40-100 a night. Right outside the bus terminal in PDC you can find people trying to sell timeshares, You tell them your situation and they will get you a room at a hotel and the hotel will give them a commission. Thats how it works down there, everyone gets a cut if they bring in the business.
Even if you find nothing in PDC try hotels in Cozumel. Coz is a 45 min ferry boat ride ($11 one way)from PDC and does not have as much of the spring break crowd. There are many hotels there and you might have more luck on line for them.
www.travelnotes.cc is a place to start for Coz.
Get a little adventure in your trip by going with no hotel, and try to find one.
Only have one small wheeled bag each so you don't have to lug allot of bags. Wife and I only do carry on bags with three days clothes. Laundry facilities everywhere so why lug a weeks worth everywhere.

Lou

Loco Gringo found us a nice condo in PDC just a block from the beach. Kay @ LG was very helpful (and shes a cave diver, too...)

I used to do the 'no reservations' thing, but with a wife and 10 year old in tow, well its a little more risky.

Lou - we usually dive Coz two or three times a year, wanted to do sonething different this time, plus, many of the hotels are not back up and running yet.

many thanks all,

john

Back
Top Bottom