Help! Packing for Coz trip and need info...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you get cold easily, take the 3 mm. I never dive with less than a 3 in Coz no matter what time of year and in non summer months I'll add on layers. I'd rather pack less clothes and more underwater thermal protection. I hate being chilled while diving.

If you get cold easily, take the 3 mm. I never dive with less than a 3 in Coz no matter what time of year and in non summer months I'll add on layers. I'd rather pack less clothes and more underwater thermal protection. I hate being chilled while diving.
I'm with you, hence my "err to the side of warm" comment earlier. When I get chilled diving, I can't think of anything else but when it will be over and I can get warm.

I'm one of those that gets great packing bang for the buck with a hood.

Today was 79 at 100 feet at 80 at the surface. I would have wanted nothing less than the full 3mm I was wearing, and would have worn a hood if I had it. 70+ minute Aldora dives chill you by the end.

+1 for the hood for warmth. Personally I use a beanie and it made all the difference for me. Plus it keeps my hair out of my face. I have a 2.5mm full suit and a zip up sleeveless vest that fits over it. The vest is also perfect for avoiding back sunburn while snorkeling as well as being slightly flotational. Don't forget to take some kind of jacket for the boat ride back. Even a windbreaker is something.

I've been diving here in Coz for two days wearing a pair of running tights, a lightweight long underwear shirt, a 1 mm rash guard, a 2mm hooded vest, and my one piece Sharkskin suit. The water at depth is 79 degrees. Amazingly enough I've been warm so I haven't had to climb into my 3mm wetsuit yet. Yipppeeee! The four dives have been amazing! The viz is good and we're seeing all the usual suspects..... Eagle Rays, nurse sharks, turtles, Splendid Toadfish, eels, huge lobsters, etc. So fun!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom