http://www.diveheart.org/

Help our cause!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a little food for thought.

IF you have the word RESCUE in the name of your team you had better be a truly trained RESCUE team or stand by to have your butts run through a legal ringer.

“Part” of what RESCUE means is being on a paging system. Having the proper training. Having marked or vehicles that can run CODE. Having standardized gear in that vehicle ready to go 24-7. And being able to get into that gear and into the water in a very short order like less than 5 minutes for cold water set ups and a minute or two for warm water.

If you can not meet all or most of the above criteria, at best you’re a RECOVERY team. Using the word RESCUE when they weren’t has taken some teams and local governmental agencies through a losing legal nightmare.

Gary D.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Merged the two threads

Looks veeeery shaky to me. He hasn't been back.

Somthing is not right here. I wrote 3 days ago asking:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
After visiting your website I have the following questions:

1. Who are you? For profit, charity (non-taxable), city or county volunteer organization afiliated with the local fire or police? Corporate or tax exempt registration number, or what?

2. What exactly are you? A young venture business, volunteer?

3. Where are you? Where does this rescue organization do its thing at?

4. Why? What is the verifiable case history the demonstrates a need for this organization?

The website does not answer any of these questions and is far too vuage. So before I make any donation I would like to know more.

+++++++++++++++=
No answer so far. The website, much like his post here is full of unverifiable gereralities you so often see in e-mail chain letters and scams. I would suggest the Moderators pull it as potentially not on the up and up.

His final response. Note he still does not answer a single question. His website says they are a local, state and national resource. If he got a grant, they need to do some QC.

"sorry you feel that way you might be having technical erors in your computer as far as donations we are doing fine we have a grant now and are not in need of your service again thank you for your time and ggod luck on fixing whatever is bothering your computer"

-------- Original Message --------
From Me to Him
Subject: RE: NWDiverrescue Qustion

Who am I? Interesting how you elected not to answer a single question posed although your signiature block does provide some information. Why does your website not give your address? That is not the question. I am not the one on the internet soliciting donations in an previously unknown jurisdiction, you are. Just answer the questions.
--- On Wed, 5/28/08, johnbrown <johnny@nwdiverescue.com> wrote:

To: Me
Subject: RE: NWDiverrescue Qustion

Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 9:14 PM

Where are you from and what do you do John Brown-Chief of Operationsjohnny@nwdiverescue.comnwdiverescue@hotmail.com--mobile e-mail Phone---541-948-7464 Fax # ---541-588-6162Office Address---385 East Washington AveMail Only Address--Po box 561Sisters, Ore 97759
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:22 AM
To: johnny@nwdiverescue.com
Subject: NWDiverrescue Qustion

After visiting yoru website I have the following questions:1. Who are you? For profit, charity (non-taxable), city or county volunteer organization afiliated with the local fire or police? Corporate or tax exempt registration number, or what?2. What exactly are you? A young venture business, volunteer?3. Where are you? Where does this rescue organization do its thing at?4. Why? What is the verifiable case history the demonstrates a need for this organization? The website does not answer any of these questions and is far too vuage. So before I make any donation I would like to know more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom