Help On Selling a Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Troy33

Reaction score
I have been looking all over on places I might be able to sell my Ikelite housing. I have no luck just selling the housing since they are directly related to the camera a person would own, so I am now selling my camera with it unless I can find someone who has the camera for it, which is a Canon Elan II or 55 or 50e or 100II and elan IIe. I found 1 site that I was able to post it to. I have been suggested to go to Ebay and sell it there, but I have found if you have high price stuff, it doesnt get bids. I have also thought of advertising it in a paper where scuba diving is really big but have yet to get any suggestions on that either. I am getting another Ikelite housing for my new digital camera, so I need to sell my old before I can get the new. If anyone has any suggestions on where I can post this for sale, please inform me. Thank You for your time.

1) You might try AquaTrader on this site... http://www.aquatrader.com/aquastuff/viewads.html.

2) You might print an ad and post it in your local dive shop, especially if they are into underwater photography.

3) If there is a photography club in your area or even a dive club, some of their members may be interested.

4) And don't forget about the plain old classifieds of your local newpaper.

ps....since this post isn't as ad per say, but a question as to how and where to sell your camera/housing, I can leave it. But please understand that ads for sale items are not allowed in the forums, it is considered spam.

Dee
Regulator

Originally posted by Troy33
I have been suggested to go to Ebay and sell it there, but I have found if you have high price stuff, it doesnt get bids.

all the u/w stuff I've seen on ebay tends to get a reasonable price. Everything I try and buy as a bargain ends up selling for the "going" rate. Hard to sell this type of equip. in the local newspaper... you're just not reaching too many people... One ebay suggestion ... start your bid at 1.00 and put a reserve on it for the minimum you'll take. But you do have to be reasonable about the item's worth. If you want the max. price, then you'll have to post ads and be patient. I sold my nikon n90s and lenses and got more than my reserve in all cases.

Thanks to all for the suggestions, I ended up putting it up on Ebay, did not get the reserve price I wanted but got a lot of people to look at it and ended up selling it after the auction had ended to a diver in England. It all worked out great, now on to buying a new housing for my digital camera. Any suggestions on where to buy at a better price than retail? What I am looking for is the Ikelite housing for my Sony CD300 Digital Camera. What I need are some good online dive stores that sell housing's or maybe you know a local dive shop in your area that have good stock or prices on this item.

Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom