Help on Canister for Heater/Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rjack,
Who did you order the canister from? I was caught up on all orders before I left for our T-give dive trip. I've only had two orders for canister only, both came in November, and they shipped the next week. I have been back ordered since the end of 2020 and have not been able to build inventory, however the longest wait was 6 weeks and normally it is 2 weeks. I'd like to know the dealer to ensure they didn't sit on your order for while before ordering with me.
John with NESS. Part of the problem was me. I mistakenly ordered a 50wh Sept 19th (the description was contradictory and I didnt realize it) when I wanted a 100wh. I sent it back to exchange but he didnt have a 100wh in (mid october?) It's no big deal.

It's supposedly on its way to me now, but USPS tracking hasnt moved it since the 23rd so I'm not sure exactly where it's stuck now.

The 2.75" diameter is fine while hip mounted under a SM bottle. The 3.5" not so much.

The other issue is it's hard to keep tabs on how much battery you have left when you have 2 variable devices drawing juice from the one battery.
I didn't mind it hip mounted when I tried it. But if I was on the sw and had the 2 sorb canisters to deal with too it would probably be annoying.
I had concerns over having all eggs in one battery basket as well. They run off the same battery. I would have thought they would have separated the batteries as a backup, but I guess there's reasons not to do that. I have the same concern with using my uwld battery for heat and the light. In my wife's case it was the best compromise we could come up with since she doesn't have a ton of room to put more stuff on her.
John with NESS. Part of the problem was me. I mistakenly ordered a 50wh Sept 19th (the description was contradictory and I didnt realize it) when I wanted a 100wh. I sent it back to exchange but he didnt have a 100wh in (mid october?) It's no big deal.

It's supposedly on its way to me now, but USPS tracking hasnt moved it since the 23rd so I'm not sure exactly where it's stuck now.
I avoid NESS now. They've started to suck. John was great for many years for things I couldn't get anywhere else, but 2 or 3 years ago I think he lost a ton of staff and now struggles to keep up with orders. My last order about 18 months ago with him was awful. He took forever to send my order, which ended up being wrong. Then it took several months of trying to email and call him to get it all rectified. When I talked to him he gave me the sob story of being stuck doing it all himself because his employees quit, but the dude just was straight up ignoring my emails. In the end I got most of the parts I needed except for 1, was promised a refund which I've still never gotten. I ended up just giving up. I will only order if I have absolutely no other place to get something from. NESS and Golem gear have become the two places I avoid like the plague due to shipping and customer service issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom