Help needed with Oceanic enviro kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

francousteau

Contributor
Reaction score
First off, this is not a thread for non-DIY'rs. If you don't like to DIY, you should probably move to another thread before reading any further. :wink:
I’m putting on an enviro kit on my oceanic cdx. In removing the “non” enviro end, I see that there is a "screw in" piece with a hole in the middle in which to make adjustments to the "screw in" piece using an allen wrench. This "screw in" piece then makes contact with a spring and plunger cap that presses against the 1st stage diaphragm. Anyone know if this “screw in” piece is what “balances” out the 1st stage when under various ATA pressures? This “screw in” piece has to be removed and placed into the new enviro end cap and I’m wondering if there’s a guage that can be used in the adjustment. If I'm wrong about this piece, then just what exactly does it do???

1st of all this is why they call your local LDS/oceanic dealer a PRO, they do this all the time and are trained for this job.

The screw in piece, sets your intermediat pressure so turning it will raise/lower your intermediat pressure

You say this is for the cdx so i can safely say you have the older model and not the cdx5 witch has an envrio kit.
For the old cdx there was a recall a few years ago for a retrofit if this is not already done go to your LDS get the retrofit and the envirokit installed,otherwise you will have to buy an intermediat pressure gauge and figure it out by yourself

300bar diver:
1st of all this is why they call your local LDS/oceanic dealer a PRO, they do this all the time and are trained for this job.
You probably should have read the 1st sentence in my post and moved on.
Anyway, some good SB'r got a cdx manual to me and I got the gauge and made the adjustment. No mysteries. eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom