Help needed to understand gas switch and Fick's law

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had this explained to me on a course once, it made perfect sense at the time but since I have forgotten it. I don’t recall it being about gas gradients at all, but more special properties of the ear and lack of perfusion - or that might be something else.

Right now, and for a limited period we hope, nobody (excerpt for a small number of self entitled twats) is diving in the U.K. The inland sites are closed, the boats are not running. This means no body is teaching and so I am guessing top instructors might be available for Deco Theory lessons via Skype etc.

Take a look at www.dive-tech.co.uk and see if there is such a half or one day course Mark might do for you. He is usually quite busy so now might be a good chance. One of the nice things about Mark is he actually enjoys explaining this sort of stuff and gets a kick out of seeing people's understanding click.

Ps there were diagrams, I think that was what made me go “oh, I see”.

Back
Top Bottom