Help needed re: 5mm wetsuit sleeves needing to be tailored/corrected

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReadyTo Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Apologies if this is already been answered before but during my initial forum search I did not find an exact answer…

My wife was recently gifted a full 5mm wetsuit that fits her near perfectly with the exception of the sleeves. They are approximately 3” too long and far too tight at the wrists for her to even put her hand through so she cannot roll the sleeves back onto themselves.

She is wondering if she should A) cut a 3” or so slice from the wrist seam upwards, B) cut off the last 3” of the sleeves and have them resown (sp?) at the wrists or C) have zippers installed.

IMO the problem with A) would be simply cutting the sleeve will allow water into the wetsuit defeating its’ purpose, the problem with B) is the inner thin neoprene seal will be then exposed/would possibly hang out of the 5mm sleeve and with C) is who would do this work (a car or boat upholstery shop possibly?) and where would we get the appropriate zippers from to do so?

Is there a better solution? Thank you again in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom