HELP!! Need information on STA weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy Miller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

So I am about to purchase a Hollis SS backplate with s38 wing and STA. A buddy of mine has the Halcyon eclipse setup and has a weighted attachment that goes inside of the STA. I like this because it gets the weight off of the belt. Does anyone know the width of either of these and if I can use the Halcyon weight insert with a hollis STA? I know xs scuba makes a v channel weight pocket but honestly, it looks like crap. I want something that is going to last, something that I wont have to worry about ripping, tearing, or ever replacing. Here is a link of what that weight insert looks like;

STA Convertible Weight Insert, with bolts | Extreme Exposure

Has anyone taken the leap of faith to try this yet? If not I'll order my hollis STA and see if my buddys weight would fit but if someone knows then I can order it all at once and not have to wait.

Thanks

Just order the halcyon sta and weight insert. I have one, and I love it!

Any idea if halcyon sta would fit the hollis backplate though?

Should do, Halcyon uses standard 11" spacing and looks like the Hollis BP has a slot on the lower bolt anyway

Are you sure you need the xtra 6lbs on your back? I only ask as I a few years ago went down the very same road and discovered with a steel tank, SS plate in a 2 piece 7mm FJ I was too top heavy. I ended up selling the weight, at a loss. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom