Help my head is spinning with a canon T2i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIdiveGirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a new canon T2i with an Aquatica housing. I am going to La Paz to shoot whale shars, hammerheads, and sea lions. I also like macro photography on my average dive trips. I am looking for recco on which wide angle lens to get and which dome port, which macro lens to get and which flat port and any reccos on strobe that connect with fiber cables would be great. Too much info on the web, head spinning....

I shoot with Canons (7D, T2i, and 60d). My wide angle lenses are the canon 10-22mm (8in dome) and the tokina 10-17 fisheye (6 inch dome but will vignette if shade isn't remove). I like the canon simply for the extra 5mm but both get fabulous results. As far as macro I have 3 lenses: canon 60 and 100mm macro, and Tamron 90mm macro. If I had to choose just one it would be the 60 with the Tamron being a close second. Hard to justify the extra dough for the canon 100. My dome recos are based on ikelite, I'm sure you could look up the appropriate dome on the aquatica website. You could look at the galleries on my website in the signature for WA and Macro shots. All the macro were done with the 60mm as I didn't have the port for the other 2 until recently. As far as strobes I use dual 161 ikes and dual S&S 110s so I can't speak too much for what you are asking. Feel free to email with ?s.

Back
Top Bottom