Help my brothers and sisters ... S.O.T.Y.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
S.O.T.Y.
Save Our Tribal Youth ... http://www.saveourtribalyouth.com

"Too many children on the reservations of North America struggle to live daily with hunger, malnutrition, lack of proper clothing, care or concern for their welfare. It is hard enough being a child in this environment where the majority of families live beneath the poverty level guidelines in this nation.
Thousands of children live on reservations where infant mortality and teen death by suicide is at the highest national average. This is a frightening reality for thousands of Native American children growing up without hope for any kind of future. It is hard for those of us who do not live on a reservation to imagine what their lives must be like.
For far too many families, there simply is not enough food to go around. Over 80% of families must depend on extremely limited government funds and food commodities to feed their children. The majority of households are lead by single mothers or grandmothers trying to raise more children than they can feed properly.
In the winter and on birthdays and holidays too many children lack needed warm clothing such as winter coats and boots. Most don't receive birthday presents because there simply is no money for such luxuries. What would it be like to live in an environment where having three meals a day is a luxury? Could you imagine that? For far too many one meal a day is a luxury!"

I post this here to my extended SB family because this is important, to me, my good friend and mentor Graywolf who started this, and to these people that have less than us .. if you can help, with clothing, canned food, whatever you have that you think would help, it is all good

Mitakwie oyase
DB

Last edited:
Thank you Dee, your an angel to help :hugs:

Note: I know Graywolf personally and can vouch for his sincerity, his concern for the people and ability to get stuff where it needs to go, some of which he has and will, deliver personally

More info on SOTY ... Save Our Tribal Youth .. http://www.saveourtribalyouth.com/

SOTY is an all volunteer run organization. So we appreciate the continued support of our sponsors and friends in achieving our mission to aid our tribal youth across the country. We are always seeking help in spreading the news of our mission. Please consider adding a link to our site on your website or Myspace pages.

SOTY
P.O. Box 637
Tarrytown, NY 10591

S.O.T.Y. is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to aiding our tribal youth in North America. Your donations are tax deductible.

For immediate info, please contact us at: saveourtribalyouth@gmail.com

IF YOU WISH TO SEND ITEMS OF CLOTHING FOR PINE RIDGE OR OTHER RESERVATIONS PLEASE MAIL THEM TO:

S.O.T.Y.
C/O THE CHUMASH INDIAN MUSEUM
3290 LANG RANCH PKWY.
THOUSAND OAKS , CA. 91362

( Graywolf is the new Director of the Chumash Museum )

Note: a monetary donation to help cover the costs of shipping donated goods is appreciated with the donation!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom