Help me identify this HP hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Day All, just finished updating a DA Aquamaster with all the goodies I bought from VDH and Scuba Museum. Can’t wait to dive it! Anyway, I plan on running a vintage Aqualung SPG I have. Only issue is that the hp hose had a small leak where the fitting is crimped to the hose. Can someone help me identify this hose and help me get a new one ordered?
B662F8B2-5282-4873-8C0F-AFE844E94456.jpeg
C4943734-9034-4001-9196-965D64B63E72.jpeg
79AC2168-6F4C-4F28-8CF9-07E713396A5F.jpeg

Its been a while, but I believe a standard SPG fitting, without the spool will work. I did that but it's been a while so I don't remember how old the hose was. Pull a hose off a new SPG and see if it has that bevel inside, if it does I'd try it.

Yeah, pretty much any hose that has the female bevel inside will work, and that is most HP hoses. Just remove the spool. My 2 psi.

Its been a while, but I believe a standard SPG fitting, without the spool will work. I did that but it's been a while so I don't remember how old the hose was. Pull a hose off a new SPG and see if it has that bevel inside, if it does I'd try it.

Yeah, pretty much any hose that has the female bevel inside will work, and that is most HP hoses. Just remove the spool. My 2 psi.

Alright Gentleman, appreciate the info. I will see what I come up with.

As an aside, I have extra front and back o-rings for those types of SPG's. Let me know if you want any. Mark

I tried some of the spg hoses I had on hand and none had the bevel. I decided to order a new one but am having trouble finding a 3/8"x3/8" with the bevel.

It is most likely a -3 or -4 AN fitting. A hose shop can probably make one.

"AN" Thread Sizes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom