Help Me Identify This HID Can Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Khello

Registered
Reaction score
I have this HID can light that looks like it's an older Halcyon. It has the clear lid and '3' imprinted on the reflector, but I can't tell what wattage it is. I've take the lamp out and couldn't see any power ratings. I did some online research and so far I only found Halcyon 10W and 18W HID lights with the clear lid. Has Halcyon ever made a 21W HID with a clear lid? The number 0405204 are stamped on the bottom of the can.

Thank you.

I have this HID can light that looks like it's an older Halcyon. It has the clear lid and '3' imprinted on the reflector, but I can't tell what wattage it is. I've take the lamp out and couldn't see any power ratings. I did some online research and so far I only found Halcyon 10W and 18W HID lights with the clear lid. Has Halcyon ever made a 21W HID with a clear lid? The number 0405204 are stamped on the bottom of the can.

Thank you.

I believe the clear-lid Halcyons were Helios and Proteus lights, none of which are 21w. Fraen #3 reflectors and polycarb/acrylic lids are all pretty common.

Just post a few clear, in-focus pictures of the light head, lid and can and we can probably figure it out (or at least rule out most anything else). For one, it's easy to tell 18w and 21w Halcyon lightheads apart by the length of the ballast.

How about these? Thanks!

Attachments

• HL05.JPG
    HL05.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 43
  • HL04.JPG
    HL04.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 42
  • HL03.JPG
    HL03.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 41
  • HL02.JPG
    HL02.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 45
  • HL01.JPG
    HL01.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 39
Great pics, thanks. Definitely looks like a halcyon 18w Helios. The reflector body say halcyon on it (I had the same one) and the ballast is almost certainly an 18w, definitely not 21w. I can't really tell whether it's a 9ah or 4.5ah can since mine was the 13.5.

It's a great light, every bit as bright as the current generation 21w. Enjoy it!

Gombessa, thank you for the info. Do you have a picture of your 21W balast? How long is it? Thanks Lucca, the reflector isn't actually damaged. The flash just hit it the wrong way, but the info you provided is great, a new Halcyon reflector is $75. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom